TED Pro Home Spyder with (8) 60A CTs
The TED Pro Home Spyder features 8 60amp solid core CTs that allow users to monitor eight separate circuits. If you are purchasing or already own an TED Pro Home package, you will not need to purchase an additional MTU to use the Spyder. Each TED Pro Home MTU will be able to accommodate up to two Spyder systems.
- Individual Load/Circuit Energy Data - Determine which loads are costing you more!
- Measurement of Generation Sources* - Monitor solar or wind production.
- Adding Circuit Combinations - Group loads for Sub-metering or Combine loads for a single Energy Measurement (for example: HVAC compressor + Air Handler)
Footprints can record energy-data for up to 32 SPYDER inputs through any combination of the following configurations:
- Maximum inputs per SPYDER: 8
- Maximum SPYDERs per MTU: 2
- Maximum SPYDERs per ECC (or one TED system): 4
MTU vs SPYDER
- MTU’ stands for “Measuring Transmitting Unit”
- An installed MTU (in a residence) will typically have 2 CTs (Current Transformers) - more CTs in 3-phase systems
- A TED system requires at least one MTU to operate
- A TED System can support up to 4 MTUs
- MTUs are accurate to within +/- 1%
- MTUs sample energy-data at a rate of 8,000 times per second, take the average, and transmit that data each second to the ECC (Energy Control Center)
- An MTU will post one measurement every one second - which is the combined measurement of the 2 CTs (generally connected to the MAIN circuits). If there is a Spyder connected to the MTU, the Spyder measurements will post as independent data
- Data posted includes voltage, power factor, kW.
- Spyder is an add-on component for an MTU in the TED Pro Series (will not work on TED5000 series)
- You must have a Pro series MTU in order to have a Spyder. Spyder connects to the MTU
- Spyder packages are available with a variety of CT sizes. See Spyder under the PRODUCTS tab for details
- Spyder accuracy at <7% error
- A displayed load will be shown for each individual CT connected to the Spyder. For example, if you have eight CTs connected to your Spyder, you will be able to view each one of the eight as individual readings
- Spyder software provides the option to view each circuit-data individually, or sum specific circuit-measurements; i.e. if you have 3 circuits in a sub-panel that go to a mother-in-law apartment, the Spyder software can sum the 3 circuits to show a total-load for the mother-in-law apartment
- One MTU will support 2 Spyders (16 individual circuit measurements)
- One TED System will support up to 4 Spyders (32 individual circuit measurements) in any combination, with maximum of two Spyders per MTU
- Spyder measurements are not added to Footprints Dashboard monthly calculations. All Spyder data is summarized under the Spyder tab on the Dashboard
- Data includes month-to-date kWh, $, and % of total household load
- Data can be graphed as well as downloaded to a spreadsheet
- Spyder will display a zero-load (‘off’) until the circuit-load reaches a minimum threshold (see Spyder Specifications)
- Spyder data is posted every one-minute (the MTU-data is posted every one second)