The Power Xplorer integrates the most advanced feature set available in a power monitoring instrument, with an easy-to-navigate, color graphical user interface. With high-speed sampling and data capture (1 microsecond/channel), this 8-channel workhorse simultaneously captures and characterizes thousands of parameters, using a range of standard and customizable operating modes. The unique measurement capabilities of the Power Xplorer include capture of low-medium-high frequency transients through peak, waveshape, rms duration and adaptive high-speed sampling, as well as power measurements to clearly characterize voltage harmonics, non-sinusoidal and unbalanced systems.
Fast Transient Capture
The Power Xplorer uses digitized high-speed sampling to capture and analyze microsecond-wide transients (Dranetz 658-like and BMI 8800-like). The Power Xplorer delivers a full profile, with events time stamped to the millisecond of the entire transient, to pinpoint the exact source and cause of the event.
Power Quality Surveys and Diagnostics
The Power Xplorer has a built-in event characterizer that directly supports troubleshooting and the gathering of survey data-for improving power quality and equipment reliability.
Capacitor Switching Events
A drawback of capacitors is that they yield oscillatory transients when switched. These transients can propagate through the local power system, causing damage to equipment and processes. The Power Xplorer captures and identifies these fast transients.
Load Distortion and Imbalance
The Power Xplorer measures the full range of arithmetic, vector and sequencing parameters contained in IEEE 1459, to evaluate distortion and restore balanced loads.
The Power Xplorer captures flicker data per IEC 6100-4-15, which can be further evaluated using Dran-View visualization, analysis and reporting software.
The Power Xplorer has been designed to meet the most advanced power quality standards, including IEEE 1159, IEC 61000-4-30 Class A and EN50160. A statistical output is produced to quickly verify compliance with international quality-of-supply standards and benchmark power quality.
The Power Xplorer captures detailed harmonics, interharmonics and subharmonics to effectively troubleshoot the complex problems caused by these events.
- Eight channels, 4 voltage & 4 current
- Intuitive color touch screen
- Light weight - About 4 pounds, 2 kg - with rugged rubber boot
- AC/DC applications
- Samples at 256 samples/cycle
- Independent voltage & current triggering, cross triggering
- High-speed sampling and data capture (1 microsecond/channel)
- Oscilloscope-like high speed transient detection (Dranetz 658-like and BMI-8800 like)
- Detailed event characterization of RMS variations and transients
- THD/harmonic spectrum and TID/interharmonics spectrum to the 63rd
- Captures IEEE 1459 parameters for non-sinusoidal and advanced power systems
- Remote communications-RS-232, Ethernet or USB
- Battery or AC mode
- Built in UPS battery with external charger
- Available with up to 4GB Compact Flash Memory
- Available languages - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Thai, Korean, Finnish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
- DRAN-VIEW enabled (Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7)
- Complies with IEEE 1159, IEEE 519, IEEE 1453
- Complies with IEC 61000-4-30 Class A and EN50160
- Measures flicker according to IEC 61000-4-15; measures electrical harmonics according to IEC 61000-4-7
- Instrument available in 400 Hz measurement version (PX5-400)
- (4) differential inputs, 1-600 Vrms, AC/DC, 0.1% rdg + 0.05% FS, 256 samples/cycle, 16 bit ADC
- (4) inputs with CTs 0.1-6000 Arms CT-dependent, AC/DC, 0.1%rdg + CTs, 256 samples/cycle, 16 bit ADC
- 1 MHz High Speed Sampling, 14 bit ADC, 1% FS
- Frequency Range, 10m Hz resolution, 15-20 Hz, 45-65 Hz, or 350-450 Hz
- Phase Lock Loop - Generator tracking
- Phase Lock Loop - Standard PQ mode
- IEEE 1159
- IEC 61000-4-30 Class A
- EN50160 Quality of Supply
- Current Inrush / Energization
- Voltage Fault recording
- Long Term Monitoring
- Continuous Data Logging w/min/max/avg
Power Quality Triggers
- Cycle-by-cycle analysis
- 256 samples/cycle; 1/2 cycle RMS steps (1)
- L-L, L-N, N-G RMS Variations: Sags/swells/interruptions)
- RMS Recordings V&I (32 pre-fault, 10K post-fault cycles)
- Waveshape Recordings (2/6/2 cycles)
- Low and Medium Frequent Transients - V&I
- High Frequency Transients - V&I, 3% FS trigger (1)
- Harmonics Summary Parameters
- Cross trigger V & I channels
- RMS Event Characterization (IEEE or IEC)
- Transient Event Characterization (1)
- W, VA, VAR, TPF, DPF, Demand, Energy, etc.
- IEEE 1459 Parameters of distorted and unbalanced
- Harmonics/Interharmonics per IEC 1000-4-7
- THD/Harmonic Spectrum (V,I,W) to 63rd
- TID /Interharmonic Spectrum (V,I) to 63rd
- Flicker per IEC 1000-4-15 (Pst,Plt,Sliding Plt)
- Crest Factor, K Factor, Transformer Derating Factor, Telephone Interference Factor
- Unbalance (max. rms deviation) & sequencing components
- 5 User Spec Harmonics or Signaling Frequency
- Vector/Arithmetic/Coincident Parameters
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swedish
Click here for complete specifications on the Dranetz DBPX108
- Size (HxWxD): 12" x 2.5" x 8" (30cm x 6.4cm x 20.3 cm)
- Weight: 4.2 pounds (1.9 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 0 -50 (32 to 122 )
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 55 (4 to 131 F)
- Humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing
- System Time Clock-Crystal controlled-1 second resolution
- Charger /Battery Eliminator: 90-264 VAC 47-63 Hz
- Display: LCD color touch screen
- Memory options (must have one): 256M removable compact flashcard
DRAN-VIEW is a powerful, yet simple to use tool to visualize and analyze complex power quality events, locate faults, isolate potentially harmful trends, and correlate data among and across sites.
Detailed analysis of Power Quality and/or Energy data from nearly any recent products from Dranetz. These are not just screen captures, this is advanced analysis of sample points recorded and saved by the Dranetz and presented in various forms including Time Plots, Event Lists and Event detail. Due to the advanced design of the Dranetz event database Time Plots and Event Detail graphs can be zoomed in to get to the real details information.
- A simple mouse click allows you to quickly scroll through data, zoom in on disturbances, trend data, filter events, evaluate statistics, and perform advanced harmonic and interharmonic analyses.
- The software has been optimized for speed and to accommodate large data sets.
- Flexibility has been integrated throughout the package-users can customize both appearance and behavior.
- Two versions are available-one for the everyday user (Pro), the second for advanced power professionals (Enterprise).
- Multi-functional Dran-View helps you make the most of complex data, so that you can spend time where it counts most-evaluating, troubleshooting and preventing power quality events.
DRAN-VIEW runs on your Windows operating system. The data file is read by the PC via memory card / reader or direct connect interface. Launch Windows and simply select File>Open and locate the data file you wish to analyze.
- Speed - Significantly faster waveform calculations and file loading.
- Memory - Support for large data files. Effects file-compression (half-size of original data) when saving DV6 documents.
- New User Interface -
Improved zoom and pan functions, drag and drop charts, insert pictures and photos, customize toolbars, and more.
- Flexibility -
Customizable report presentations and math functions in a wide variety of situations.
- Undo/Redo -
Has an unlimited Undo/Redo queue.
- Built-in word processor -
Features an internal word processor. Edit reports as they are generated, embed text documents within Dran-View files, and more.
- Improved scaling of harmonics -
Use separate harmonic scaling for voltage, current, and power parameters. For convenience, there's only one setting across the document. Re-scales instrument as well as calculated harmonics.
- Improved Format Templates -
Format templates provide consistency in layout and format.
- Web Updates -
Automatic updates available via Internet.
Enhancements for the Enterprise edition only:
Presentation of up to 16 simultaneous data sets emanating from different instrument models. This allows comparison of data from different sources in the same chart. Performs mathematical calculations across sites.
Supports an unlimited number of presentation aides such as charts, statistical tables, and phasors in each window.
Uses simple, intuitive drag-and-drop function to manipulate screen items.
Supports a Harmonics/Timeplots Calculator for all file types resulting in more accurate harmonic calculations, more parameter calculations, etc.
Allows fast and painless creation of print-queues or restore program states.
Features an improved point-and-click formula editor.
Reads IEEE C37.111-1991/1999 COMTRADE and TXT/CSV data files.