The Power Xplorer integrates the most advanced feature set available in a power monitoring instrument, with an easy-to-navigate, color graphical user interface. With high-speed sampling and data capture (1 microsecond/channel), this 8-channel workhorse simultaneously captures and characterizes thousands of parameters, using a range of standard and customizable operating modes. The unique measurement capabilities of the Power Xplorer include capture of low-medium-high frequency transients through peak, waveshape, rms duration and adaptive high-speed sampling, as well as power measurements to clearly characterize non-sinusoidal and unbalanced systems.
Mil Standard 1399 Testing
This interface standard for shipboard systems is the approved testing protocol for naval sea standards and all relevant departments within the US DOD. The electric power system serves a variety of user equipment including aircraft elevators, communication systems, weapon systems, and computers. The testing protocol is used to verify compatibility with a prescribed list of characteristics and tolerances--transients, sags and spikes, unbalance, frequency tolerances and characteristics and harmonics. Recommended testing apparatus-a voltmeter, frequency meter, oscilloscope, harmonics meter, and current transformers-can all be replaced with one instrument, the Power Xplorer PX5-400.
Equipment being used in these applications must be tested in all operating modes, including 400 Hz, to ensure that critical test and operational equipment fits with the power supply. The Power Xplorer PX5-400 collects a range of parameters-from load-related factors such as watts, VA, VAR, frequency instability, power factor and load excursions-to power quality information including sags, swells, transients and harmonics. Users can select the length and mode of data collection, including troubleshooting, data logging, power quality surveys, energy and load balancing.
The Power Xplorer PX5-400's unique annunciator "report card" provides instant power quality answers in the field. A wide range of power monitoring data is collected, analyzed and tabulated in color-coded categories to quickly identify areas of concern, which are identified in red. Drill down for more detailed information by simply touching the intuitive touch screen to locate the source and pinpoint the root cause of power quality disturbances.
Fast Transient Capture
The Power Xplorer PX5-400 uses digitized high-speed sampling to capture and analyze microsecond-wide transients (Dranetz 658-like and BMI 8800-like). Transients, generated by fast-switching electronics, computer systems, aircraft components, and load transfer are immediately characterized as impulsive or oscillatory and detailed for further analysis. The Power Xplorer PX5-400 delivers a full profile, with events time stamped to the millisecond of the entire transient, to pinpoint the exact source and cause of the event.
Power Quality Diagnostics
The Power Xplorer PX5-400 has a built-in event characterizer that labels events to directly support troubleshooting and the gathering of survey data-for improving power quality and equipment reliability, as well as for matching the requirements and susceptibilities of that equipment to the incoming supply. Plus, the Power Xplorer PX5-400 captures detailed harmonics, interharmonics and subharmonics to effectively troubleshoot the complex problems caused by these events.
Evaluating and testing the performance of military components and computerized systems under true operating conditions-400 Hz or other-is key to ensuring a successful mission. The Power Xplorer PX5-400 incorporates advanced features such as RMS triggers, advanced transient capture, and cross triggering between channels to ensure that all equipment is working properly. Plus, real time reading observing during testing, startup and maintenance enable users to see results and tweak equipment on the fly.
- Tests at 50/60 and 400Hz
- Meets MIL Standard 1399 Testing
- Eight channels, 4 voltage & 4 current
- Intuitive color touch screen
- Light weight - About 4 pounds, 2 kg - with rugged rubber boot
- AC/DC applications
- Samples at 256 samples/cycle
- Independent voltage & current triggering, cross triggering
- High-speed sampling and data capture (1 microsecond/channel)
- Oscilloscope-like high speed transient detection (Dranetz 658-like and BMI-8800 like)
- Detailed event characterization of RMS variations and transients
- THD/harmonic spectrum and TID/interharmonics spectrum to the 63rd at 50/60 Hz
- Captures IEEE 1459 parameters for non-sinusoidal and advanced power systems
- Remote communications-RS-232, Ethernet or USB
- Battery or AC mode
- Built in UPS battery with external charger
- Expanded memory up to 128 MB
- Available languages - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Thai, Korean, Finnish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
- DRAN-VIEW enabled (Windows NT, 98, ME, 2000, XP)
- Measures flicker according to IEC 61000-4-15
- Complies with IEEE 1159, IEC 61000-4-30 Class A and EN50160
- Instrument available in 400 Hz measurement version
- Size (HxWxD): 12" x 2.5" x 8" (30cm x 6.4cm x 20.3 cm)
- Weight: 4.2 pounds (1.9 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 0 -50 (32 to 122 )
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 55 (4 to 131 F)
- Humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing
- System Time Clock-Crystal controlled-1 second resolution
- Charger /Battery Eliminator: 90-264 VAC 47-63 Hz
- Display: LCD color touch screen
- Memory options (must have one): 256M removable compact flashcard
- (4) differential inputs, 1-600 Vrms, AC/DC, 0.1% rdg + 0.05% FS, 256 samples/cycle, 16 bit ADC
- (4) inputs with CTs 0.1-6000 Arms CT-dependent, AC/DC, 0.1%rdg + CTs, 256 samples/cycle, 16 bit ADC
- 1 MHz High Speed Sampling, 14 bit ADC, 1%FS
- Frequency Range, 10m Hz resolution, 15-20 Hz, 45-65 Hz, or 350-450 Hz
- Phase Lock Loop - Generator tracking
- Phase Lock Loop - Standard PQ mode
Power Quality Triggers
- Cycle-by-cycle analysis
- 256 samples/cycle; 1/2 cycle RMS steps
- L-L, L-N, N-G RMS Variations: Sags/swells/interruptions)
- RMS Recordings V&I (32 pre-fault, 10K post-fault cycles)
- Waveshape Recordings (2/6/2 cycles)
- Low and Medium Frequent Transients - V&I
- High Frequency Transients - V&I, 3% FS trigger
- Harmonics Summary Parameters
- Cross trigger V & I channels
- RMS Event Characterization (IEEE or IEC)
- Transient Event Characterization
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese, Finnish
- W, VA, VAR, TPF, DPF, Demand, Energy, etc.
- IEEE 1459 Parameters of distorted and unbalanced
- Harmonics/Interharmonics per IEC 1000-4-7
- THD/Harmonic Spectrum (V,I,W) to 63rd at 50/60Hz; 16th at 400Hz
- TID /Interharmonic Spectrum (V,I) to 63rd at 50/60Hz; 16th at 400Hz
- Flicker per IEC 1000-4-15 (Pst,Plt,Sliding Plt)
- Crest Factor, K Factor, Transformer Derating Factor, Telephone Interference Factor
- Unbalance (max. rms deviation) & sequencing components
- 5 User Spec Harmonics or Signaling Frequency
- Vector/Arithmetic/Coincident Parameters
Click here for complete specifications on the Dranetz DBPX108-400
- MIL-STD-1399 (US DoD)
- IEEE 1159
- IEC 61000-4-30 Class A
- EN50160 Quality of Supply
- Current Inrush / Energization
- Voltage Fault recording
- Long Term Monitoring
- Continuous Data Logging w/min/max/avg
DRAN-VIEW is a powerful, yet simple to use tool to visualize and analyze complex power quality events, locate faults, isolate potentially harmful trends, and correlate data among and across sites.
Detailed analysis of Power Quality and/or Energy data from nearly any recent products from Dranetz. These are not just screen captures, this is advanced analysis of sample points recorded and saved by the Dranetz and presented in various forms including Time Plots, Event Lists and Event detail. Due to the advanced design of the Dranetz event database Time Plots and Event Detail graphs can be zoomed in to get to the real details information.
- A simple mouse click allows you to quickly scroll through data, zoom in on disturbances, trend data, filter events, evaluate statistics, and perform advanced harmonic and interharmonic analyses.
- The software has been optimized for speed and to accommodate large data sets.
- Flexibility has been integrated throughout the package-users can customize both appearance and behavior.
- Two versions are available-one for the everyday user (Pro), the second for advanced power professionals (Enterprise).
- Multi-functional Dran-View helps you make the most of complex data, so that you can spend time where it counts most-evaluating, troubleshooting and preventing power quality events.
DRAN-VIEW runs on your Windows operating system. The data file is read by the PC via memory card / reader or direct connect interface. Launch Windows and simply select File>Open and locate the data file you wish to analyze.
- Speed - Significantly faster waveform calculations and file loading.
- Memory - Support for large data files. Effects file-compression (half-size of original data) when saving DV6 documents.
- New User Interface -
Improved zoom and pan functions, drag and drop charts, insert pictures and photos, customize toolbars, and more.
- Flexibility -
Customizable report presentations and math functions in a wide variety of situations.
- Undo/Redo -
Has an unlimited Undo/Redo queue.
- Built-in word processor -
Features an internal word processor. Edit reports as they are generated, embed text documents within Dran-View files, and more.
- Improved scaling of harmonics -
Use separate harmonic scaling for voltage, current, and power parameters. For convenience, there's only one setting across the document. Re-scales instrument as well as calculated harmonics.
- Improved Format Templates -
Format templates provide consistency in layout and format.
- Web Updates -
Automatic updates available via Internet.
Enhancements for the Enterprise edition only:
Presentation of up to 16 simultaneous data sets emanating from different instrument models. This allows comparison of data from different sources in the same chart. Performs mathematical calculations across sites.
Supports an unlimited number of presentation aides such as charts, statistical tables, and phasors in each window.
Uses simple, intuitive drag-and-drop function to manipulate screen items.
Supports a Harmonics/Timeplots Calculator for all file types resulting in more accurate harmonic calculations, more parameter calculations, etc.
Allows fast and painless creation of print-queues or restore program states.
Features an improved point-and-click formula editor.
Reads IEEE C37.111-1991/1999 COMTRADE and TXT/CSV data files.